Friday, July 24, 2015

Taster Cakes: How To Choose Your Wedding Cake Flavour When You Can't Eat Cake

Uh... What?

You can't eat cake? But you're human shaped.

Oh wait. Ok.

Artistic or Vintage?

I'm very excited to make a winter wonderland cake for my client. I met her while working at the Farmers Market and she has to be the most genuine, happy, excitable and giving gal.

Was that too much?

Who could possibly warrant such kind words from the kitchen bitch witch.

Well I'll tell ya the reasoning for my love for this gal.

She can't eat any of these cake. She's celiac. And she's the only celiac attending her wedding.

So rather than order a gluten-free cake (which I can't actually make; I can only make gluten-friendly goods as there is gluten in my kitchen, but I digress;) she is ordering a cake, of the gluten-full variety, for her fiancee and his family.

No, that's not Black Forest,
But it does have Kirsch
Doesn't that show just how much she loves her hubby? And his family?

Make me think of my love for my in-laws (which I don't call in-laws, cause I love them and saying in-law after everything is annoying exhausting.)

So how do you choose what cake to have when you can't eat them without risking your gut's happiness?

Order three cakelettes for family dinner with the to-be family and let them choose for you.

How nice, right?

This has appeared again.
My Grandma's fav.
She's already embracing all the German. 

Although, I don't think she gets how Germans work.

She picked up the cakes and with the exclamation: "That's too much cake!"

This is enough for 2 G-mans, I don't have the beer displayed.
That costs extra.
And is generally all gluten filled.
I laughed. 

And then I wondered if she knew what she was getting into.

I mean, what German doesn't like food?

Actually what human doesn't like food? 

I can't get enough.

Same with oxygen.

Orange Chocolate with my new frosting
Yeah... I haven't slept much.

Anyways, these 3 cakelettes are counted as my seventh cake.

It's July.

I'm doing alright, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment